Visa Application Assistance
Please check if you need a visa to enter Japan. It depends on your nationality, citizenship, etc. Please contact your nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate or refer to this website. The registration secretariat can assist you for the application of a general visa required to attend the conference (additional fees will apply).
- Step (1)
Please fill out this form (MS-Word file) and send it to us by e-mail (All the information required in the form is necessary for visa application, so please do not leave any columns blank).
Based on the information you provide, we will prepare the documents required for application, and will send them to you by EMS.
- Step (2)
- Please submit the documents to your nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate.
If you meet all the necessary requirements, then your visa will be issued.
- It will take a few days to prepare the documents required for application, about one week for the documents to reach you by EMS, and a minimum of 10 working days for step (2). So please start the application process as soon as you can. We suggest to start two or three months prior to the conference.
- Information about your flights and accommodation is ALWAYS necessary to apply for a visa. Therefore you must book air tickets and arrange for accommodation beforehand.
- If you will be accompanied, please provide us the same information as required from you, about those who will accompany you. In general, you can apply for visas all together, but in some cases you must apply separately, for example, if your schedules in Japan significantly differ; the type of your passports differ. Please contact your nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and decide how you will apply.
- If your schedule demands that you stay in Japan for a period longer than that necessary to attend the conference, you may need to apply for a different type of visa, for example, if you plan to stay at an institute for collaborative research, if you plan to give lectures at a university or if you plan to visit relatives. Please contact your nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and confirm which type of visa is necessary. Be sure to fix the details of your schedule with other parties involved with your stay, if you plan to stay beyond the period of the Conference.
- You can get detailed information about visa applications from the website of the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
PBAST-8 Conference Secretariat
c/o Kinki Nippon Tourist Hokkaido Co., Ltd.
Hokkaido DM Branch.
Nittsu Sapporo Bldg., N3 W2,Chuo-ku, Sapporo,
Phone: +81-11-280-8855; Fax : +81-11-251-2288